We will protect the information you share with us that personally identifies you (‘personal information’). To protect your privacy, MenopauseAcupuncture.ie, MARA Fertility Acupuncture and BringItOn Acupuncture (also Fertility Edge Acupuncture) adhere to legal principles for protection of your personal information.
Access & Disclosure
We will not sell or give away your personal information to anyone. We will not disclose that personal information to anyone unless required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on us; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of MenopauseAcupuncture.ie, MARA Fertility Acupuncture and BringItOn Acupuncture (also Fertility Edge Acupuncture); (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of MenopauseAcupuncture.ie, MARA Fertility Acupuncture and BringItOn Acupuncture (also Fertility Edge Acupuncture), it’s websites, or the public.
We take adequate measures to protect your information from unauthorised access. All hard copy files are stored in a physically secure environment. Our IT applications and programs, including office applications, operating systems and anti-virus are provided by market leading software firms and kept up to date. Communications over the internet (such as emails) aren’t secure unless they’ve been encrypted. Your communications may go through a number of countries before being delivered, as this is the nature of the Internet. Inside the clinics, the information you provide us electronically is stored in password-controlled electronic devices with limited access. We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
Personal information will be processed only for clear and legal purposes. All personal information will be processed fairly and in keeping with the purposes for which it was obtained. Personal information will not be used, disclosed or processed in any manner incompatible with the purposes for which it was obtained.
Other than the information you have emailed or texted us, we do not keep digital records of your personal information.
We will ask you for limited personal information when you email us or access us through our website. We use your personal information for the purpose of scheduling appointments for you and in clinic for treatment purposes. You are not under any obligation to give us personal information (such as your contact details or medical information) however, should you not, we may not be able to provide our services to you.
Personal information may also be requested of you when you choose to phone us, request a call back and/ or leave a message with an answering service that we use.
We’ll store your information for as long as we need to in order to provide services to you. We’ll keep some personal information for a reasonable period after you cease services with us in case you decide to use our services again.
Third Party Sites
Our website may provide links to third-party websites. We cannot be responsible for the security and content of such third-party websites. So make sure you read that company’s privacy and cookies policies before using or putting your personal information on their site.
- Collecting your personal information: We may collect personal information from you (including, without limitation, your name, email address, phone number, and postal address) when you use this website. You may decide not to provide your personal information to us. However, if you do not provide it, we may not be able to provide you with access to certain information or products.
- Additional collection: We may gather more extensive information if we are concerned, for example, about abnormal website usage patterns or website security breaches.
- Use: We may use your personal information to: provide you with services and information that you have requested; provide you with important notices and information about this website and our services; provide you with other information (including promotional material, news, and event information) where you agree to receive such information; verify your identity and to assist you if you forget your username or password; improve or update this website and our products; respond to your enquiries and communicate with you; and personalise this website in accordance with your preferences.
- Third party websites: This website may contain hyperlinks to websites operated by third parties. We are not responsible for the content of such websites, or the manner in which those websites collect, store, use, and distribute any personal information you provide. When you visit third party websites from hyperlinks displayed on this website, we encourage you to review the privacy statements of those websites so that you can understand how the personal information you provide may be collected, stored, used and distributed.
- Right to access and request correction: It is important to us that the personal information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up to date. If you are aware that this is not case and would like your personal information corrected, or simply desire access to your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer. You may request access to your personal information that we (or our contractors) hold. Where you make any such request: we may ask you to put your request in writing; in some circumstances permitted by law, we may not provide such information to you (and we may not be able to require our contractors provide such information to you); we decide not to correct or provide you with access to your personal information, we will give you our reasons for our decision; where we provide the requested information or carry out the requested correction (or where we attach to that information a statement of any correction sought but not made), we may require you to pay a reasonable fee determined by us.